- Stress Reduction
- Fewer racing or intrusive thoughts
- Relief from anxiety and mild depression
- Higher level of self-acceptance and personal insight
- Better concentration and focus
- Slower anger response to things that annoy us”
Stress is one of the most common health issues in our country. If you take the right steps, you can manage it effectively. — “Here are some benefits of meditation:
If you find yourself pressed for time but want to stay active, here are some quick exercises that can help you stay healthy. “1) Take the Stairs – An old favorite of mine is to take the stairs rather than the elevator. Especially down, if you’re working in a high rise. It’s a great way to get a little workout in on your way to the office, lunch, or home.
2) Leg Lifts – Sit at your desk with your back straight against the the chair. Extend each leg, lifting it high up, hold it for a couple of seconds, then do the same with the other leg.” Read the full article for more!
In an update on a previous post, 105 people have been sickened by a steroid shot related meningitis outbreak, mostly in Tennessee. – “Symptoms of meningitis include severe headache, nausea, dizziness and fever. The CDC said many of the cases have been mild and some people had strokes. Symptoms have been appearing between one and four weeks after patients got the shots.” – READ MORE
– A fifth person has died in a growing outbreak of a rare form of meningitis that has sickened more than two dozen people in five states. Dr. Robert Latham, chief of medicine at Saint Thomas Hospital in Nashville, said Thursday a patient died there late Wednesday or early Thursday, bringing the number of deaths in Tennessee to three. Deaths have also been reported in Virginia and Maryland. All received steroid injections used mostly for back pain that have been traced back to a specialty pharmacy in Massachusetts. The pharmacy issued a recall last week and has shut down operations. – READ MORE
An outbreak of a rare form of meningitis has been seen in several states. – “Meningitis is an inflammation of the lining of the brain and spinal cord. Symptoms include severe and worsening headache, nausea, dizziness and fever. Some of the patients also experienced slurred speech, and difficulty walking and urinating, Tennessee health officials said.” – READ MORE
Always be sure to cook certain food items to their specified temperatures and wash fruits and vegetables! — THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Smoked salmon tainted with salmonella bacteria has sickened hundreds of people in the Netherlands and the United States, sparking a major recall, health authorities said Tuesday. The National Institute for Public Health and the Environment said the salmon has been traced to the Dutch company Foppen, which sells fish to many major Dutch supermarkets and to stores around the world, including the United States. — READ MORE